Thursday 24 January 2013

5150 Star Navy releases tomorrow!




"Without the Star Navy there is no Star Army!"

"The Star Army motto is “We take the war to the enemy; one planet at a time.” They do a fine job of it but we take them to those planets and we get them back. And unless we do our job they can’t do their job. So listen up Cadet and I’ll tell you how we do it…”

In 5150-Star Navy you can command a squadron of ships or a fleet if you like. Your job is simple; sweep the stars of the enemy. For you it’s not who the enemies are but where they are.  Your missions will range from hunting pirates to flying the flag and in between you’ll be fighting other Factions and Races, all intent on seeing your ships turned into debris. In 5150 - Star Navy you’ll find:

·       Rules for fleet scale spaceship combat.
·       Pre-generated scenarios covering a variety of missions.
·       A variety of Factions and Races including those found in 5150: Star Army.
·       Rules to BYOS - Build your own ships.
·       Complete campaign rules that are easy on the book keeping.

5150 - Star Navy can be played solo, same side with everyone against the game, and of course head-to head against your friends. Playable with any ship models, in any scale, this easy to learn yet tough to master game, is perfect for the casual or battle hardened space gamer.

No matter how many times you’ve done it before you still feel the rush when you “blink in”. Scanners confirm what you’ve suspected, the enemy is at hand. As the individual crews rush to battle stations your ships advance in formation. The order to engage is given and the battle is on. Everyone must do their jobs and remember …

"Without the Star Navy there is no Star Army!"

10 comments:

  1. This sounds really cool... can't wait to pick it up!

    Will there also be a "civilian" version, kinda like New Beginnings vs. Star Army? With Smugglers, and more focus on a single ship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! I'll be checking the webstore!


    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Harold
    Star Navy includes Merchants and Pirates so accommodates both being a respectable trader as well as smuggler. As for focusing on one ship that's entirely possible. It won't be as detailed as the upcoming Fringe Space but I already use it with New Beginnings.
    When there are boarding actions I pull out NB and run a Raid/Defense Encounter in close quarters. Sometimes I just run like hell. Small ships can be quick to die if over matched but if you want a longer battle just double the hull points.

    I should be posting a small dust up later tonight with only a few ships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While this is good news, it creates a small dilemma. How do I justify buying more cool games when I haven't gotten around to playing the other ones yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news! I've been waiting for this one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sean,
    I am stuck for time to play the games I want to play so I take the long range look as in a few years I will have more time. LOL, no, really, it's a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once our first born arrives in March, I'm sure my "gaming" days will be numbered for a while! I might get some solo gaming in though...maybe....hopefully......lol

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on.. Come on.. Come on.....
    It's been the 25th for 15hr and 22min in the UK...
    Is it ready... Is it ready... Is it ready?

    (I am only a little bit excited!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Need to get my hands on this one! Great news!

    ReplyDelete